1. We believe in the personal worth of every child and assure that each student will develop a
meaningful relationship with his/her school.
2. We believe that FCS must model, teach and create a culture of responsibility and respect
between/ among all stakeholders.
3. We believe in the special worth of a diverse, multi-cultural community of learners and make a full
commitment to institutionalizing an action plan to eliminate any achievement gap that may exist
between/among groups of learners.
4. We believe in the importance of parents in both the school lives of their children and in the role
they must play in the achievement of our vision.
5. We believe that Fremont City Schools must provide and that students will respond to clear,
consistent and reasonable expectations for academic performance and personal behavior.
6. We believe that a comprehensive student-support structure must be accessible to students who
need individualized interventions and who will benefit from student-centered counseling, guidance
7. We believe in and promote the importance of physical, mental and emotional wellness as essential
components of successful learning and achievement.
8. We believe in compelling, inspiring, instructional delivery that will actively engage students in
a multi-faceted learning process and instill in them an appreciation in the value of continuously
9. We believe in a quality learning/achievement process that deeply aligns the written, taught and
tested curriculum and is predicated upon the belief that all children can learn/achieve to required
10. We believe in assuring that each child’s learning needs are informed by analysis of performance
data and addressed by designing and delivering a rich array of instructional strategies.
11. We believe in the value of progressive, continuous, capacity building through a comprehensive
professional development action plan for all staff members in the district.
12. We believe in the importance of a relationship between our schools and the varied community
groups that inform our mission, goals and vision for the future.
13. We believe in efficiency and effectiveness in the operation of our district and its budgetary
process; as a result Fremont City Schools guarantees consistency in application of policies, clarity of
communications and coordination of services.
14. We believe in providing clean, safe and well-equipped facilities that reflect our district’s
commitment to excellence.