The District utilizes the Connect5 messaging system to notify parents/guardians of important communications and/or school emergencies. Additionally, the district uses this system for school delays and/or cancellations.
If you would like to register for the Connect5 messaging system or have any changes in contact information,
please complete this
form and return to your child’s school. To unsubscribe, please send
an e-mail message to email@example.com
stating that you would like to unsubscribe. Please include your phone number(s) in the message.
Inclement Weather Procedures
Delaying the start of school or cancelling school due to inclement weather is never an easy decision. The decision to delay and/or close school is always based on the safety of students and staff. Several weather conditions are considered when deciding whether or not to delay/close school. Some of these conditions include:
- Road conditions
- Weather forecast
- Temperature and wind chill
- Current amount of snow and projected snowfall amounts
- Conditions of school parking lots and sidewalks
In addition to the Connect5 messaging system, school delays and cancellations will be announced on the following stations:
Radio: WFRO (Eagle 99) and Clear Channel local stations
Television: WTOL Channel 11, WTVG Channel 13 and WNWO Channel 24
Announcements will be made as early as possible but this may not always be possible due to the timing of the storms or conditions. Again, the safety of our children is a top priority and road and weather conditions are checked thoroughly before a decision is made to delay/cancel or keep schools open for a particular day.
What you need to know about receiving calls and messages sent through Connect5
- Caller ID will display the school’s main number when a general
announcement is delivered.
- Caller ID will display the district phone number 419-332-6454 if the message is an emergency.
- Connect5 will leave a message on any answering machine or
- If the Connect5 message stops playing, press any key 1-9 and the
message will replay from the beginning.
- If you opt for email notification, you will receive an email from
FREMONT CSD firstname.lastname@example.org.
If your email provider has a (SPAM) filtering system, add this email
address to your safe senders list.
- If you opt for SMS (Text) notification, please note that Fremont
City Schools will not be responsible for any SMS (Text) charges that you may incur.